Ahhhh!! I can’t believe it’s been over a week since my last post. SO MUCH has happened!!

While in New Orleans, the weather got pretty bad at night. The power even went out in our hotel. The news was using words that they never use when regarding the weather. Words like catastrophic, paralyzing, once in a lifetime, and my favorite: deadly. Then a coworker of mine was kind enough to send me this picture and told me to enjoy:


Ha! We decided to brave the weather (because we’re invincible Californians, of course) and drive to Florida the next morning. But before leaving New Orleans, we knew it would have been a cardinal sin if we didn’t go to the French Quarter and indulge in beignets and coffee. Ooooh mah goodness!! They were delicious!! The perfect hot breakfast for a cold and stormy day.

6 7 89 10

After our morning fun, we headed back out onto the road. Storm Pax and all. Luckily for us, the storm was heading north of where we were driving, so we didn’t hit too bad of weather. Just hit some rain every once in a while.

Evidently every state wants a little piece of the Gulf Coast. Mississippi and Alabama just have the tips of their states on the water’s edge. It took us one hour to drive through Mississippi and less than an hour to drive through Alabama. The scenery didn’t change much. My mom started freaking out over the swamps. She was afraid that gators were going to come out onto the road. I told her that if that happened, I would hit them and make hats out of them. She didn’t find that funny. Oh well, I tried…

After we entered Florida, we spent the night in Tallahassee. Then it was just one more five hour drive to Fort Myers!


2,790 miles later, we made it to our final destination!! Fort Myers, Florida!! I still can’t believe we just drove across the country. Although there were some pretty long driving days, we made the best of it and still had a great time! This trip with my mom will be something that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

We spent Valentine’s Day shopping for a bed and getting the keys to my new apartment! Sooooo exciting!! And that evening, we went down to my uncle’s house in Bonita Springs, watched the sunset on the beach and went to dinner at Doc’s Beach House.

12 4

Then the craziness started early Saturday morning. Two of my coworkers, their wives, and my mom helped me move everything out of the POD and into my apartment, on the second level. Moving couches upstairs isn’t any fun! But we did it!


My uncle came by to drop off a TV for me and then my bed was delivered after that. I am soooo grateful for everyone who helped me move. I have some amazing people out here in FL already and I am truly blessed!

And as luck would have it, my grandparents from Tennessee are in town now too! They wanted to take me shopping for a house-warming gift and were more than gracious towards me. I really appreciate everything they did for me. Such a huge help. Then we went back to enjoy another sunset on the beach and dinner as well. Here’s me and my gramps!!


Already started working this week. No rest for the weary! Most of my life is still packed up in boxes, but I’m slowly getting settled. A lot of stuff has been done and there is a lot more to go!!